Applying for Fall 2018
- M.A. in Arts Management
- M.A. in Food Studies
- M.A. in Peace Studies
- M.A. in Sustainable Cultural Heritage
The Application Deadline for M.A.Programs starting in Fall 2018: now Rolling
Non-EU citizens/residents must apply by no later than June 1st to ensure sufficient lead time for the student visa application process.
Students applying after the February 1st deadline are not eligible to apply for Merit Scholarships.
Deposit Deadline for M.A. Programs starting in Fall 2018: May 1st
Application Fee (non-refundable)
- 60 Euros for citizens and permanent residents of countries other than the United States or Canada.
- 60 US Dollars for U.S. citizens and permanent residents and Canadian citizens.
The application fee covers the administrative cost of processing all applications received. It is not refundable under any circumstances. It is payable online.
For U.S. Veterans, AUR students and alumni the application fee will be waived.
Checklist of required documents
- A completed online application form
- Official university transcripts from all institutions attended. Applicants must have earned a minimum grade point average of 3.0 or equivalent
- Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter (minimum 700 words) that explains your interest in the M.A. Program and your career goals
- At least one academic letter of recommendation (from an academic advisor or professor at the undergraduate/graduate level), and one professional letter of recommendation (Applicants in the workforce for more than 5 years may submit two professional letters of recommendation.)
- A scan of the student's passport photo page or European Union ID
- For students whose previous degrees were conducted in a language other than English: Official TOEFL results (minimum scores Paper-based: 637, Computer-based: 270 and Internet-based: 110) or IELTS Academic (minimum score 7)
All admissions decisions are conditional on receiving official/original documents:
- Official transcripts of final results (sealed or certified PDF) or original diploma
- Official ESL test scores (sealed and from the test provider)
- References (if scanned, please provide an email address and telephone number where the referee can be reached)
Personal interviews are required of all applicants. They may be conducted face-to-face, on the phone, or via Skype. Upon completion of the application, students will be contacted by the Admissions Office to schedule an interview.
Letters of Recommendation
Applicants without any significant professional experience may submit two academic letters of recommendation, while those who are returning to university from the workforce may submit two professional letters of recommendation instead.
GRE results are not required for admission into AUR's M.A programs, however, test results are always welcome in addition to the documents listed above. They are recommended (but not required) for students applying for merit-based scholarships.
Students applying by the February 1st deadline will receive a decision notification via email no later than March 1st, 2018.
Non-EU citizens and residents must apply for a student visa upon acceptance. The necessary documentation will be provided to each accepted student once the deposit has been paid. It is the student's responsibility to ensure the student visa is obtained before arriving in Italy. As it may take several weeks to obtain an appointment with the local Italian Consulate, appointments should be made no later than May 15th. Contact your admissions counselor if any problems arise during the process.