M.A. in Arts Management: designed for a new breed of professionals who bridge curatorial awareness with the business and management skills necessary in today's competitive art world.
The complexity of today’s art world requires a graduate program that unpacks the structure of the contemporary art world, reveals the nature of artistic and cultural values in connection to their market value and provides a solid knowledge of business and market principles.
International in scope, the program features Rome and Italy's unparalleled museum culture as case studies for the challenges and the opportunities facing future curators and arts administrators. As a student, you will have access to internationally renowned arts institutions and art professionals in charge of some of the world’s most prestigious collections working within a unique system of patronage.
In the course of the program, you will master key concepts and ideas in art theory, analyze the most advanced curatorial practices, gain in-depth knowledge of museum management, address fundraising and the economics of culture, and develop an understanding of the art market. Through a selection of elective courses, students can choose to focus on live arts management, writing, heritage or entrepreneurship. Essential site visits put students in direct contact with art professionals in Rome.
- Knowledge of curatorial practices and the social and cultural role of artistic institutions
- Knowledge of relevant art theories that explain and contextualize the complex artistic production and functioning of the contemporary art world
- Knowledge of art market principles, including market, social, political and cultural factors that structure the art market
- Management skills in museum and live arts project management
- Fundraising skills
Students will also acquire specific academic and transferable skills, such as:
- research skills, necessary to study at the graduate level and to write research papers
- the ability to plan and execute an extensive research project
- high-level analytical skills
- the ability to communicate ideas and arguments effectively, in speech or in writing